This Privacy Notice explains how we collect, use and protect information about you, a technology or legal professional, as you visit the public pages of our websites or use the website to access restricted areas available only to registered clients. It also covers information we collect about you as you attend any of our face-to-face events, subscribe for a newsletter or other content, or participate in online seminars and events which we may organize.
Information We Collect About You
You may visit a number of pages throughout our websites without registration. We may collect information about you:
- When you order any of our services or information.
- When you register for our websites or subscribe to any of our content or services or become a client.
- When you contact us with questions or comments.
- If you make your identity public, for example in a blog or comment.
- When a client company that you represent or work for authorizes you or contacts us about you.
On occasion, we may obtain your name and professional contact details from a public source, including the internet, if the context indicates that you would be interested in our services.
Non Obvious Data Collection
Our server logs collect information about visits and system capabilities as you access and use the websites and pages covered by this Notice. We do not routinely associate such data with your profile except for investigative purposes as specifically described below.
How We Use Information About You
We may use information about you in any of the following ways:
- To provide the services or information you or a client company you represent requests.
- To manage accounts and billings.
- To understand how you and the company you represent use our websites and respond to our email campaigns.
- To evaluate and improve our websites and services.
- To contact you directly about your use of an account or service.
- To let you know about offerings, primarily ours, but occasionally the offerings of other companies, that may be of interest to you.
- To protect the integrity of our services and the secured areas of our websites.
- For any other purpose we tell you about when we you submit information to us.
Choice and Access
You may disable or block any cookies (and so, any associated web beacons) by using the tools available in most browsers.
If you are registering for our websites, you may choose whether to activate automatic recognition of your pc based on the placement of a persistent cookie that identifies your pc. If you choose not to accept that persistent cookie, or to delete it at any time, you will simply be asked to re-enter your log on credentials each time you access the website.
You may choose not to receive marketing emails from us by following the directions at the bottom of marketing emails we send you. If you would like to have your name and contact details removed from our mailing lists, you may contact us at email@example.com.
We value the accuracy of the information we have about you. You may update your information at any time by updating your profile on our website.
If you request that your name be removed from all our databases, we may not be able to do so completely for legal and records management reasons.
Disclosure to Third Parties
We reserve the right to disclose your name and information about you.
- To investigate potential unauthorized access or misuse of our services.
- To protect our assets or rights.
- To the client company you represent if that company requests that we do so.
- In response to valid legal process.
- As part of a merger or acquisition by or transfer to a third party of some or all of our business assets.
We may associate log data with information that identifies you if necessary for any of these purposes except a transfer of our business assets.
Our services are directed to technology professionals and not intended for children 13 or under.
We use reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, or use and we require third parties that process personal information on our behalf to do so as well. No transmission over the Internet or electronic storage can be guaranteed completely. As a result, while we strive to protect personal information we make no warranty or guarantee.
You can help protect the security of your personal information. Please keep your passwords secure and do not share the use of your account with other individuals.
We will post and date any changes to this Notice. Please check here periodically. Your continued use of the websites and activities covered by this Notice constitutes your acceptance of the practices in place at the time of your use.
How to Contact Us
For questions or comments about this Notice, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.